Check-in here for future Animate 3D update release notes.
VERSION 2.0 - October 20, 2020
The Animate 3D version 2.0 is here! This major update brings you the highly requested Custom Character feature, continued quality improvements and more! See what’s new below:
- Custom 3D Characters: Upon creating a new animation, you will now be presented with the option to upload your own custom 3D characters. Your animation will be visible in the previewer and available for download with the animation retargeted to your custom character.
- Jumping Optimization: We have worked on improving how our AI interprets jumping motions and refining the detection of more subtle jumping motions.
- Large Movement Detection: The improved detection of large joint movements, such as high kicks and wide arm motions, will help with generating quality motions for more complex animations.
- Product Portal Updates:
- Sidebar Navigation: Navigate between your personal product dashboard, animations, library and other features easily.
- Product Feedback Form: A new dedicated form located in your sidebar navigation will allow you to provide us direct feedback. Your feedback helps us design this platform with you in mind, so feel free to reach out on things large or small!
- General UI Improvements & Bug Fixes: You’ll see other general UI updates aimed at improving your experience with Animate 3D.
VERSION 1.6 - August 26, 2020
Today we released Animate 3D Version 1.6.0 - a major update that includes quality improvements and more. See what’s new below:
Anti-Foot Gliding Improvements: we have spent a lot of time re-evaluating the way we process input motion and have vastly improved foot gliding in the output animation, which was the most requested feature. The result is a more stable and solid footing throughout.
Leg/Lower-Body Improvements: new rotation fixes will assist leg and hip motion in many cases. This will also help make heavy leg movements appear more fluid and natural in the result.
Better Root Stabilization: new and improved root motion stability will provide more weighted, natural-looking movements for your animations.